Henry Wynn, Jr.
- Native of North Augusta, SC
- Shorter College, Art Scholarship, 1969
- Augusta State University, BFA, 1974
- U.S. Army Illustrator 1977-2006
- Archaeological Illustrator - University of Georgia
- Cherokee Sites Illustrator, Chieftains Museum
- For several years I was awarded First Place in the Department of Army International Competitions
- The Keith L. Ware Award
- Vintage Guitar Collector
- Fingerstyle guitar musician playing with son, Henry S. Wynn, III and Deveran Rood, Bass player.
- Also, in the folksy-bluegrass band, Doug and the Henrys
- Mrs. Allen, my 3rd grade teacher gave me private lessons to get me started and really gave me encouragement. I walked to art lessons about a half block from my house each week.
- Since then I have been trying to perfect my childhood interest of drawing. Most people think that drawing is a preliminary step of artwork, but I've always felt it was the final piece.
- My first illustration job was in North Georgia working as a site illustrator on an archaeological dig for the University of Georgia. I drew artifacts in the location where the items were discovered. This is where I continued my respect and pursuit for detail and accuracy.
- Because of the colonial and Indian illustrations at the archaeological dig, I was awarded a full art scholarship at Shorter College in Rome, Georgia.